Jaigarh fort Jaipur(India)
Jaigarh Fort is situated on the promontory called the Cheel ka Teela of the Aravalli range; it overlooks the Amer Fort and the Maota Lake, near Amer in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. The fort was built by Jai Singh II in 1726 to protect the Amer Fort and its palace complex and was named after him.This almost-intact fort is surrounded by huge battlements and is connected to the Amer Fort (also called 'Amber' Fort), with subterranean passages. Originally built to protect the Amer Fort and the palace within the complex, the Jaigarh Fort is architecturally similar to the Amer Fort, and offers a panoramic view of the city of Jaipur. The fort houses the world's largest cannon on wheels, a majestic palace complex and the assembly hall of the warriors known as 'Shubhat Niwas' along with a museum and an armory.
Devisinghpura, Amer, Rajasthan 302028
Open and Closing Time
Sun - Sat -: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Famous for : History Buffs Experience Seekers Photo Fanatics Wanderer Fee : 85 Per Person for Foreign Tourists and Rs.35 for Indians Visiting Time : All days 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Visit Duration : Around 1 hour
Near By Attraction
1. Amer Fort 2. Aravalli hills 3. Vijay Garh
Distance between Jaipur Railway Station and Jaigarh Fort is 9.3 miles
Distance between Bus Stand and Jaigarh Fort Jaipur is 7.5 miles
Application Availability Which Save Some Money
Zomato ,Swiggy Uber,Ola
Interesting facts about the Jaigarh fort
The Jaigarh Fort is an opulent structure built in the early 18th century. Amer, the city in which the Jaigarh and the Amer fort are located, was ruled by the Kachawahas from the early 10th century. During the Mughal dynasty, the Jaigarh Fort became their empire's main cannon foundry and was also used as storage stronghold to store ammunition and other metal required for war. During the successive wars that broke out in the Mughal dynasty in 1658, the cannon outpost at the Jaigarh fort was protected until the protector, Dara Shikoh, was defeated and executed by his own brother, Aurangzeb. Later, the fort was handed over to Jai Singh II and he is known to have molded the great ‘Jaivana Cannon', along with using the devices and the foundries inside the fort.