Orchid Research Centre house a great number of species of orchids, and thus is seen as an significant tourist destination in the district. It increase over an region of 10 hectares of land comprise of orchidarium, tissue society lab, museum, herbarium, garden and office building. One of the major attraction of the middle is its orchid glass house, which has a show gallery, a central pond with fountain and concerning 1000 species of orchids in pot and hanging baskets. About 10,000 orchid plant life belonging to various genera and species are cultured in four distinct species house that also make sure ex-situ conservation.
Adults: INR 10
Video Camera: INR 10
Adults: INR 50
Cameras: INR 10
Video Camera: INR 10
09:30 am - 05:00 pm
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit is Orchid Research Centre among October and February when the day temperature remains as low as 20 degree Celsius
Interesting facts about Orchid Research Centre
The centre is located at Tipi in West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh, regarding 65 km away from Tezpur towards Bomdila. It is situated on the west bank of Kameng river surrounded by high hill enclosed with semi ever green tropical rain forest plant life. It stretch over an area of 10 hectares of flat land comprise of office building, orchid aria, tissue culture lab, Museum, herbarium also garden.
One of the major attraction of the center is the orchid glass house. This is made up of fiberglass roof, display gallery about and a central pool with fountain. It was inaugurated by Shri B.K. Nehru on 26.12.1972. The house accommodate about 1000 exotic orchids display in pot, hanging baskets and so on. Inquisitive and attractive bloom of the species and hybrid of Paphiopedilum, Dendrobium, Cattleya and Vanda group are a spread to the eye of visiting tourist.
The centre is located at Tippi in West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh, about 65 km away from Tezpur ( Assam) towards Bomdila (the district headquarter of West Kameng). It is situated on the west bank of Kameng river surrounded by high hills covered with semi ever green tropical rain forest vegetation. It stretches over an area of 10 hectares of flat land comprising of office buildings, orchidaria, tissue culture lab., Museum, herbarium and garden.
One of the main attractions of the center is the orchid glass house. This is made up of fiberglass roof, display gallery around and a central pond with fountain. It was inaugurated by Shri B.K. Nehru on 26.12.1972. The house accommodates about 1000 exotic orchids displayed in pots, hanging baskets etc. Curious and attractive blooms of the species and hybrids of Paphiopedilum, Dendrobium, Cattleya and Vanda groups are a feast to the eyes of visiting tourists.